Musical Director Kath Woodley
Accompanist Deborah Sloper
The Mid Canterbury Choir (with it’s 12 newest members) is looking forward to presenting its annual Christmas Concerts (three in total this year) at St Stephen's Church, Park Street, Ashburton on Friday 11th December at lunchtime and teatime, then in Geraldine. You may recall last year’s scheduled concert in Geraldine was cancelled due to bridge washouts from flooding.
You are most welcome to send a photographer and reporter along to any of these concerts, or our rehearsal.
Many of the Christmas Carols will be familiar, for example, Jingle Bells, Hine E Hine, Christmas Kumbaya – and audience will be invited to sing Silent Night with us.
Our guest is a well-known violinist, Ruth Hall.
Entry fee includes a gift of food for the Foodbank. While food with a Christmas theme would be great, I know anything at all would be appreciated. Here are some suggestions:
- Potatoes, vegetables, and potato chips
- Tinned vegetables and fruit
- Sponges that can be frozen
- Jellies and custard
- Gravy mixes
- Lollies, chocolates, popcorn, fruit drinks
- Small toiletries – you know those ones we take home from a hotel and never use!
- Christmas crackers or anything else that may be appropriate at Christmas
We hope folk will take time out from their busy Christmas preparations to enjoy one of our concerts – a way to remember the true meaning of Christmas.