You are invited to a free family fun day here at the Mt Eden Village Centre, Mt Eden’s community centre and Methodist church in the heart of the village.
This is a free family event with a children’s flea market, animal zoo, free pony rides, workshops, food stalls, a children’s art competition, face painting, a magic show and much more. There will be delicious food from around the world to enjoy and live music.
Programme on the day:
- 10-10.45am - Animal Blessing with Rev Tevita Taufalele
- 10:30am-12:30pm – Free pony rides
- 10:00am-1pm – Weird and Wild Animal zoo
- 10am-1pm - Ray White tent
- 10am-1pm - Auckland Council Library bus and activities
- 10:00am-1pm – Kids' flea and craft Market
- 10:00am-10:30am - Kapa-haka performance, Maungawhau Primary School
- 10:40am-11:30am - Magic Show with JP The Clown
- 11.45am- 12.45pm - Performance workshops with Grace from pform
- 10:00am-1pm - Face painting with Rainbow Rascals
- 10:00am-1pm - Craft table with Oscar
- 10:00am-1pm - Natural play dough with Eden-Epsom and Maungawhau Playcentres
- 10:00am-1pm - Origami table with Miharu
10am-1pm - Welcome and sign up for our monthly newsletter with raffle draw of local business products
10:am-1pm – 'Trees for Climate Change' art competition exhibition
12.30pm – Art competition judged by Eden Arts
1pm - Winners announced and prize giving for art competition
10am -1pm – Community lunch:
Food stalls serving delicious culinary delights including French Crèpes, Japanese Sushi, fresh juice, Bake Sale and biscuit decorating with Eden-Epsom and Maungawhau Playcentres.
This event is organised by the Mt Eden Methodist Church Charitable Trust and the Mt Eden Maungawhau Village Centre Society, with generous support from Ray White, Mt Eden and Albert-Eden Local Board, to celebrate the great community we live in.
This is a Zero Waste event with used products composted by Wecompost.
How to get here:
A 2 min walk from the bus stop and with two cycle stands in front of the centre, we can be reached easily without a car.
Ngauruhoe St, Essex St, end of Poronui St or top of Grange Rd, 2-5 min walk.