Come on a journey of discovery into the heart of 'Kiwi Country' - the Ōhope Scenic Reserve!
- Listen for kiwi in the area using a real 'chick pinging' aerial
- Follow a trap line and learn about the different pests that threaten our kiwi
- Discover an old kiwi burrow
- Look out for kaka and other native birds
- Check out the weta in the houses
This trip requires a reasonable level of fitness and is aimed at 8 to 14-year olds. Please allow three hours for this activity.
An accompanying adult is not required; however, parents/caregivers are welcome to join in!
Please bring: a water bottle, snacks, warm clothing, a raincoat and any personal medication. Sturdy walking shoes/hiking boots are recommended (no jandals!),
All proceeds from ticket sales go directly to the Whakatāne Kiwi Trust to support our kiwi monitoring, pest control and education programmes in Whakatāne.