Study Introductory Hebrew in 2020!
Our Hebrew language classes begin with learning the Hebrew script in Term 1, and focus on conversation and basic introductory grammar. Subsequent Terms enforce the Hebrew script and concentrate on learning basic Hebrew grammar, increasing vocabulary, and reading and writing practice.
In addition, popular Hebrew songs are also taught. Our Hebrew classes emphasise literacy (for those interested in Biblical Hebrew) and conversation (for those interested in learning to speak modern Hebrew).
Two separate Hebrew groups are currently on offer in 2020: Hebrew 101 for new learners with an emphasis on first learning the Hebrew script, and Hebrew 103 for those who began studying with us in 2019 Term 3 and who have already completed two Terms of study. Each of these groups will continue throughout 2020.
Introductory Hebrew for Beginners (Hebrew 101):
- This class is for learners with no knowledge of Hebrew or the Hebrew script. During Term 1 classes. we focus on learning the Hebrew (עִבְרִית) script, while focusing on basic conversation, grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing.
- This class is currently on offer on Monday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Class begins on Monday 3 February 2020 and runs for eight successive weeks, with the last class of the Term held on Monday 23 March 2020.
- Subsequent classes (Hebrew 102, 103, and 104) will be held in the same time slot for the rest of the year.
Introductory Hebrew for Continuers (Hebrew 103):
- This class continues to build upon the learning completed in Terms 1 and 2, with continued emphasis on increasing conversational skills, learning additional rules of Hebrew grammar, expanding vocabulary, and improving our reading and writing skills.
- For those who began study in 2019, this class will continue to be offered on Wednesday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Class begins on Wednesday 5 February 2020 and runs for eight successive weeks, with the last class of the Term held on Wednesday 25 March 2020.
- Subsequent classes (Hebrew 104, 201, and 202) will be held in the same time slot for the rest of the year, provided there is sufficient interest.
Parking is free and plentiful.
Cost per person per Term (8 classes):
- Waged: $104 (includes $4 online registration fee)
- Unwaged (unemployed, students, seniors): $84 (includes $4 online registration fee)
The course fee includes all teaching materials, provided as handouts.
Individual notebooks for note taking are not provided.
Students must bring their own notebooks and pens/pencils.
For more information on this and our other courses, please visit our website.