Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, East Auckland.
This course introduces computer users to Microsoft's various popular applications over six evenings 7 - 9 PM. Courses start on the following dates in 2020:
18 February (Tuesdays)
11 May (Mondays)
5 August (Wednesdays)
This course is for those who wish to get more familiar with common Microsoft software including:
- Windows 10 - operating system
- Outlook - email
- Word - create smart-looking documents
- Excel - spreadsheet programme (grids of text, numbers and formulas for calculations)
- PowerPoint - software for designing presentations
- Publisher - for creating brochures, leaftets, newsletters
Expected learning outcomes:
- Learn to navigate your keyboard more efficiently - understanding fn, ctrl, tab and alt keys
- Windows 10 - overview of this new version including features like Write on the Web and Take Your Reading with You
- Outlook - learn how to format an email, attach more than one document, add appointments to Calendar, add Contacts
- Word - create an interesting an eye-catching document and learn a few of Word's fabulous formatting features. Learn how to use the Online Picture function, add a Page Border, use several different formatting features
- Excel - create a simple budget, use the Merge and Centre function, Autofill, Autosum, and enhance data with formatting features
- PowerPoint - create an eye-catching presentation using PowerPoint and learn a few of its features like changing the background colour and design
- Publisher - learn to use one of Publisher's many Quick Publications (templates) to create an advertising flyer
Other dates may be added as demand requires.
Please also view our website or Eventfinda for details of other Microsoft and Adobe courses offered at Selwyn Community Education.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.