Is your fridge bursting at the seams? Is your compost bin filling up? Are your chickens a bit fat? Perhaps you are wasting food.
At this educational workshop, you’ll learn the ‘what, why, and how’ of Kiwis’ food waste, and leave with the knowledge and strategies to make a real difference and save money! This workshop is suitable for all households, flats, ages, and stages – everyone will learn something.
What’s more, is you’ll receive a free gift pack full of food waste minimisation products to help you can put things into practice straight away!
For over 10 years, Kate Meads has been working with councils to deliver waste minimisation workshops to thousands of Kiwis throughout the country. Her passion for spreading awareness of often-ignored waste issues is rooted in her belief that “if everyone did just one small thing for our environment every single day, we will start to make a difference that will count”.
Kate’s workshops are real, down-to-earth, and practical. She likes to have a laugh with the audience and ensure everyone knows that she’s not perfect, nor does she expect them to be! Any change in the right direction is a good change. Waste is a serious and sometimes overwhelming issue, but there’s no point in feeling defeated when there’s so much we can do to combat it.
“I took my 9 year old daughter to a Foodlovers Masterclass last night! We both had a great time! Kate is clearly passionate about reducing waste and shared some astonishing facts and some really helpful tips! Miss 9 loved it! Thanks so much xx.” - Sarah, a recent attendee.
• The ‘Individual’ Ticket admits one person and you receive one free pack of waste minimisation products.
• The ‘Couples’ Ticket admits two people to the workshop and you will receive one free pack. So, if you’d like to get a pack each, make sure to book individual tickets.
• There are limited spaces and packs available.
• There’s no need to print off your ticket(s) – we can scan them straight from your smartphone/device as you arrive at the workshop.
• Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop start time to collect your free pack and find a seat.