Ron Jappy is a fiddler by trade and grew up in the North-East Scottish fishing village of Findochty. He was a finalist in several of the UK’s most prestigious fiddle invitational competitions – the Glenfiddich Fiddle Championship and the Highlands and Islands Fiddle Masters. He started playing guitar whilst studying music in Glasgow and has toured with Manran, Skerryvore, Jamie Smith’s Mabon, and the BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musicians of the Year, Hannah Rarity and Clare Hastings.
“My method, whilst firm, is always relaxed, fun and creative. I strive to bring out the best in my students; musically, stylistically and technically. My aim is to nurture and encourage their natural creativity.”
Workshops are by ear, with music given out at the end of class. Ron has years of experience tutoring group workshops and curates workshops to suit the level of participants, with a focus on enjoyment achievement.
So come along and learn his tricks of the trade, as well as learning how to play a few Scottish melodies yourself.
- accepted before the day
- email firstname.lastname@example.org, include your name, phone contact
- you will receive a reply by email to confirm your booking
- there are no booking fees nor any additional fees for this event
- Free parking available by or near the venue
- Airport Flyer and Eastbourne buses stop nearby to the venue