Learn to use the top digital publishing tools, Canva and InDesign, and create your own digital magazine to market your brand or business. You’ll finish with an interactive PDF magazine you can share with your customers, clients, friends and followers.
Creating your own digital magazine is the perfect way to showcase your own passion project or to build awareness of your brand or business. We'll take you through every step required to write, create and publish a digital, interactive magazine. You’ll explore the basics of journalism and create your own editorial strategy to ensure that your magazine has your very own voice, style and tone.
You’ll create and explore a range of content styles including feature articles, interviews, lists, product showcases and profiles to ensure your magazine grips your readers and achieves your marketing goals. You’ll also explore the craft of magazine design and layout and learn how to use interactive tools to drive readers to your website, social channels and multimedia content. Intermediate level computer skills required - not for beginners to computers.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll have a first draft of your very own eight-page digital magazine to take away with you. You’ll will learn how to:
- Define your target audience and define your business and marketing goals for your magazine
- Create an editorial strategy for your magazine and create a range of content
- Create a mood board and get inspiration for the look of your magazine
- Design a masthead and cover for your magazine
- Use an Adobe InDesign or Canva template to produce an eight-page interactive magazine
- Create interactivity in your magazine to allow you to link to your products, website and social channels
Publish your magazine as an interactive PDF and share with clients, customers, friends and followers
Bring any ideas or resources you have and a USB stick (available from the CEC office for $5).
Presented by Jordan Harcourt-Hughes.