It's time to take your Digital DJing skills to the next stage. We've put together a solid workshop to help DJs who already know how to beatmatch to up their game. We know the challenges you're likely coming up against, and we've devised the perfect Bass-ics session to answer your needs. Here's what we'll cover:
- Intro/assumptions for the workshop.
- Different mixing techniques to vary it up, including phrasing, effects and loops.
- How to transition between different genres of dance music.
- How to save a mix that's gone bad when you're running out of time.
- Getting used to playing bigger sound systems and different situations.
- Transitioning with other DJs smoothly.
- Dealing with new equipment / that perhaps you weren't expecting on the night.
- Dealing with nerves and confidence.
- How to get DJ gigs, and how to behave so you get booked again.
Experienced DJ and producer Paige Julia will be taking you through. She's had a decade on the decks and she's learnt the above lessons from experience in a vast range of situations.
Experience level: Intermediate. This workshop is for people who have already been DJing and practising beatmatching tracks at home for a few months. You'll already know how to beat match, use the up and cross faders and the bpm slider.
We'll have multiple CDJ decks set up so you can put your new knowledge into action and get that hands-on experience to help it stick. You'll come away with more mixing ideas, solutions for tricky situations, and greater confidence for future gigs.
NOTE: Sat 28 Nov date is for everyone including men / masculine folks. Sat 5 Dec date is for those who identify as femme, which we use to include women+ / womxn / feminine folks, see tickettailor.com/events/thesensonauts
Only 16 spots for this workshop so you get time on the decks, advance booking essential. Tracks will be provided. It's ideal if you can bring headphones.
And where better to learn about DJing than Laundry Cuba Street, home of so many solid sets? We're in there before Laundry opens to the public at 4pm. Learn about DJing in the club, literally in the club!
'Bass-ics' is a series of workshops by The Sensonauts for people to learn about electronic music in a fun, supportive environment. This will be a welcoming, relaxed and interactive session where no question is silly.
Levels: at level 2 this event still goes ahead, with contact tracing via tickets, hand washing/sanitiser and allocated DJ stations.
If at level 3/4 we will postpone to a future date and transfer your ticket.
Please note that we have a no refund ticket policy.