Equality. Vulnerability. Sustainability.
Join us for an inspiring chat with three of the industry’s most interesting creatives as we get their perspective on some of the biggest challenges facing advertising - and the world - and delve into how their life experiences have shaped their work.
It’s going to get real. So come along and enjoy drinks, nibbles and the intimate company of these advertising greats in the most revealing conversation since Dr. Phil’s interview with Cash me Outside Girl.
This year we will be interviewing the following International Creative Directors:
Julian Schreiber - Special Group, Executive Creative Director, Sydney (Executive Judge for Axis 2020)
Juliana Cobb - DROGA 5, Executive Creative Director, New York (Executive Judge for Axis 2020)
Steve Coll - ANZ Director, The Creative Shop, Facebook, Sydney
Questions will be asked by Beth O’Brien and Joe Carter. (Colenso BBDO)
MC’ed by Peter Vegas. (FCB)
Question may include:
• Balancing craft with efficiency – everything we do is designed to create a meaningful connection between an inanimate object or service and a human. But as
technology evolves and the media landscape becomes increasingly complex, we’re being asked to do more for less. In an industry where we strive for perfection AND
progression, how we do balance the craft of what we do with the demand for efficiency?
• Diverse minds – the industry is calling for something to be done about diversity and equality. Yesterday. We want to explore the benefits of diverse thinking, how to
create a more inclusive workforce, and why it’s such a fundamental sticking point that we need to solve now.
• Healthy minds – here we will ask questions around the mental state of our industry. How to create a culture of mentally healthy minds. Why this direction has to come
from leadership down. Why mindfulness is more than a buzzword – it’s imperative. And how to lead from a position of empathy, rather than ego.
• Sustainability – this will naturally lead into a conversation about brand purpose and how that shows up in the world beyond communications. To demonstrate whether
doing something beyond making profit actually sees brand loyalty beyond reason. And why businesses have to embrace this as a mindset, rather than just a brand
platform, to be relevant to the next generation.
• Experience – with multiple decades of experience in this crazy, constantly evolving industry of ours, we’ll dive deeper into the experience of each speaker. To uncover
the previously undiscovered learnings from their background, their experience today, and where they think the industry is heading.
When: Thursday 5 March - 5:30pm drinks and nibbles | Q&A at 6:30pm
Where: Sir Paul Reeves Building, Te Iringa (W308) | AUT University, Auckland City Campus
How Much: $15 Members / students | $30 Non-members (Tickets on Sale Soon)
Generously sponsored by Facebook