Join award-winning cookbook author, food writer and culinary tutor at one of her popular cooking workshops around New Zealand.
Using three simple ingredients – flour, water and salt – combined with basic technique and timing, the most flavoursome and nutritious bread can be created in your own kitchen. For many years I have been preparing sourdough bread for my family and have specifically designed my recipes to fit around a modern lifestyle. This traditional technique of bread making slowly ferments the flours and grains to improve their flavour, while also enhancing starch and gluten digestibility and nutrient availability.
In this demonstration-style workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread
- A basic No-knead Wholegrain Sandwich Bread – including a gluten-free variation.
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form bread that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough
- Discussion on using sourdough starter in everyday cooking
- Where to source quality flour and grains for bread making
+ Delicious food samples on the evening & recipe folder to take home