Half Marathon Walk and Hybrid start at 9am.
Half Marathon Run starts at 10am.
5km/10km Fun Run/Walk starts at 10:15am.
Enter on the day only. Registration opens at 7:30am and closes 30 minutes prior to event start.
- The ½ Marathon is run over a measured one-lap circuit (NB. this is not a registered course).
- The course encompasses some of the regions vineyards.
- The course consists of both sealed and unsealed road and is reasonably flat apart from a small hill at the top of Wrekin Road.
- The area of the course over the Wrekin is private land and is not open to public use except for this event.
- The start and finish will be opposite the Woodbourne Gymnasium, cnr of Caldwell Road and S.H. 6.
Water will be available at 5km, 10km, 15km, 18km and at the finish. A portaloo will be positioned at the 10km aid station.
The Fun run course is a 5km loop around the outside of a vineyard. It is completely off road. Suitable for Children and pushing buggys, however may be muddy if we have had rain in the preceding week.
The weather can be quite variable at this time of year. Entrants should be prepared for a temperature range of 5 to 15 degrees and the possibility of a cold cross wind and rain.
Toilet, shower and changing facilities are available at the Start/Finish.
Spot prizes will be awarded on finishing. There will not be a prize giving function.
Finish lists and photos will be available on the Woodbourne Half Marathon Facebook page 2 days after the event.
No pre registration this year, so we don't have to give refunds if the event is cancelled due to Covid 19.
Enter on the day only at the Woodbourne Community Centre, cnr Caldwell Road and S.H. 6, Woodbourne.
Cash is preferred, but EFTPOS will be available if required.
For further infomation, course map etc. please email wbhalfmarathon@NZDF.mil.nz or contact Lindsay on 027 389 2168.