Yin Masterclass On Water Element
A 3-hour workshop designed to balance your water element for all-round winter wellness.
The Winter season is closely tied to the Water element in Traditional Chinese Medicine. As we enter into the cooler winter months, our Water element tends to come out of balance. Leaving us feeling depleted and lacking in energy. But it’s not just the cooler climate that can imbalance Water element. Lifestyle choices and the negative emotion of fear can also imbalance Water element, and drain us of energy and vitality.
This 3-hour workshop will empower you with the necessary knowledge and tools to harmonise your Water element.
- The Daoist view of the world
- Yin & Yang Meridians
- Kidney Meridian
- Urinary Bladder Meridian
- Physiological functions of Water element
- The role of emotions on Water element
- Fascia & the Water element
- Acupressure points for Water element
- Muscle groups that correlate with Water element
- Meridian pathways for Water element
- Yoga poses that stimulate and activate Water element
- Causes for imbalance in Water
- Foods, colours and lifestyle modifications that harmonise.
- Meridian clock for Water element
We’ll put all the newly acquired knowledge into practice with a sequence of Yin poses & myofascial release techniques to balance out Water element, followed by a 30-minute Yoga Nidra relaxation practice that will take you even deeper into a state of relaxation and calm. There will be tips and tools for self-care, as well as herbal tea and bliss balls to enjoy.
“A beautiful experience! Makes me want to continue learning about Daoism and yin yoga and incorporate them into my practice. I feel very open and aware after the workshop. Thank you, Faye!”
Date: Saturday, June 15
Time: 9 to 12
Venue: Eastwest Yoga
Teacher: Faye Lawand-Maclean, Founder of The Recharge Project
Bookings: Eastwest website - http://eastwest.co.nz/category/events/