Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
This course runs each term as eight weekly sessions on Wednesday evenings 7:00 - 9:00pm.
13 February 2019
8 May 2019
31 July 2019
16 October 2019
Tutor: Konrard Wojak.
Gain further skills and knowledge while working on a project of your own choice. This is an unstructured course where tutor Konrard will assist individuals as required and give group demonstrations when relevant.
Project and materials constraints.
We apologise that due to space and equipment constraints, the following should be noted:
- Projects must be portable as there is very limited storage on site and college students need to use the space during the day
- Our woodworking machines are not suitable for recycled timber (which damages the machines). You are welcome to use hand tools for recycled wood.
- This is a woodworking course and does not cover upholstery - we have upholstery courses held offsite at a specialist facility - search 'upholstery' on our website for more info
- Students to bring their timber/project on the first night
- For some furniture restoration projects, specialist tools may be required that are not available in the school workshop. Konrard will assess your project on the first night and advise the additional materials/tools that are required.
A range of second hand tools are available for sale at the Tool Barn, 45 Jellicoe Rd, Panmure, and can also be purchased at hardware stores.
Please call the office if you wish to check the suitability of your project. We will be happy to offer ideas, assess your request, or put you in touch with our woodwork teacher for further advice if necessary.
You should already have a basic knowledge of woodworking and tools. Please see our Woodwork for Beginners class if you are new to woodworking.
Konrard has been teaching night class woodworking for many years and has a loyal following of students who return term after term to learn more.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.