An evening of contemporary art music inspired by sea and sky.
Stroma New Music Ensemble will take you on an evocative evening of chamber music evoking the sea and sky. Sometimes quiet and contemplative, other times tempestuous and stormy. Stroma performs 6 works from around the world that are inspired by the natural environment.
- Tristan Murail (FR) - 13 Couleurs du Soleil Couchant
- Anna Thorvaldsdottir (ICE) - Reflection
- Eve de Castro-Robinson (NZ) - Pearls of the Sea
- John Rimmer (NZ) - Where Sea Meets Sky 2
- Ingram Marshall (US) - Fog tropes
- Deirdre Gribbin (IRE) - What the whaleship saw
There will be a pre-concert talk with composer John Rimmer at 6.45pm in the Hannah Playhouse Bar, level one.