Get ready for the 7th Whangarei Fritter Festival on Saturday 16 March 2019!
Enjoy a relaxed day with great music and a feast of fine wines and gourmet fritters from our region's finest local restaurants and wineries.
The top restaurants and cafes will battle it out for the annual Best Fritter Trophy and you get to vote in the People's choice award. Plus there is also the giant waterslide when you're not dancing or enjoying the delicious fritters on offer.
Brought to you by Whangarei District Council, the Fritter Festival runs from 11am-7pm on Saturday 16 March 2019 at Northland Events Centre.
All ticket prices are inclusive of booking fees. The total ticket price includes an additional 2.5% credit card processing fee. Child is 5-17 years old. 4 and under free.
- Early bird tickets are limited rather than finishing on a set date, so get in quick before they run out.
- There will be no pass outs (if there is a genuine reason for leaving/ re-entering, contact event organisers prior).
- As it's a food & wine festival, child tickets will be limited (5-17 years old) so if you are really keen to take your family, get in early as they will run out. Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.
- AWOP will be used for purchasing all food and beverage at the festival.
- The AWOP activation fee has been built into the ticket price, so you won't need to pay that once inside the festival.
- We would love for you to be able to come and enjoy as much of the festival as possible and support all the acts, so everyone should be in the festival by 3pm (if there is a genuine reason for late entry, contact event organisers prior to arrange).
- Northland Events Centre is a smoke-free venue. There will be an area outside of the festival venue available for smoking.
- Due to it being a food & wine festival, you cannot bring any food or beverage into the festival.
- You must adhere to the venue's T&C's of entry.
Three special bus services will be provided once again for the event. Bus tickets must be purchased with a Fritter Festival ticket. A separate bus ticket will be issued to present to the driver.
All buses are due to arrive at Northland Events Centre, Okara Drive, Whangarei between 10.30am– 11.00am and will depart Northland Events Centre from Okara Drive straight after the festival finishes at approximately 7pm.
Please review bus route information carefully to ensure the correct ticket is purchased.
Whangarei District $20 return
Route 1: Matapouri to Northland Events Centre Return
Pick up points and departing times: Matapouri dairy 10am, Tutukaka Service Station 10.15am, Ngunguru dairy 10.30am
Route 2: Whangarei Heads to Northland Events Centre Return
Pick up Points and departing times: McLeods Bay The Deck, Reotahi Rd 10.15am, Parua Bay Tavern Car Park, 10.30am, Onerahi Tavern Car Park 10.45am
Route 3: Mangawhai to Northland Events Centre return
Pick up points and departing times: Mangawhai 9.30am, departs Waipu Cove dairy 9.50am, Waipu Fire Station, Nova Scotia Drive 10.00am, Ruakaka shops 10.30am
Bus tickets can be bought up until 4pm, 12 March 2019.
Pick up points may be adjusted depending on demand. Patrons are advised to leave a daytime phone number during their purchase. Final bus timetables will be posted on the event page of Eventfinda prior to the event.
Note: There is not the ability to have child seats on the buses. Children 4 and under can sit on an adults knee but this is the sole responsibility and decision of the adult and neither the event organiser or bus company will take any responsibility for any incident or injury that may occur. Children 5-17 years old must have their own seat and bus ticket as will children 4 and under who require a dedicated seat. All adults must have a bus ticket.