- Public can walk to Opoutama/Cooks Cove
- Pōhiri to Tuia 250 flotilla and other visitors at Opoutama/Cooks Cove. This is the first pōhiri site option. If sea and weather conditions are rough, then the contingency site is the wharf, or Hauiti Marae.
- Stories of Tupaia and Cook’s arrival at Opoutama
- Walk back to vehicles
- Lunch at Hauiti Marae
- Flotilla crews/manuhiri to accommodation at various marae
- Hākari and kōrero at Hauiti Marae
This event is part of the Tuia – Encounters 250 programme.