Foundational knowledge surrounding the Pelvic Floor and exercise
About this Event
To all sportspeople, athletes, Mum´s returning to exercise, coaches and trainers
It is time to look deeper and unlock the taboo surrounding the pelvic floor.
This workshop will help you:
- Gain a foundational understanding about the anatomy and physiology of the pelvic floor
- Understand pelvic floor dysfunctions and issues relating to exercise
- Feel confident with screening for pelvic floor issues
- Understand why we need to loose the incontinence to improve performance
- Understand the role of tummy muscle separation in the core system
- Prolapse - what is it? How can you continue to exercise with prolapse?
- Understand what pelvic floor physiotherapy involves and how collaboration will provide optimal care and performance outcomes
- PRACTICAL TOOLS YOU WILL TAKE AWAY AND BE ABLE TO IMPLEMENT IMMEDIATELY....
Lisa Carnie is a passionate musculoskeletal and pelvic health physiotherapist based at Pelvic Solutions, Wanaka. Working closely with athletes particularly among the lifting community she has integrated her musculoskeletal and pelvic health knowledge to provide optimal care and longevity for female athletes.
Her passion is to spread awareness and knowledge in the health and fitness industry with focus on current research and clinical experience. With a combination of theory and practical exercises join Lisa and the Pelvic Solutions team and unlock the taboo of the Pelvic floor.
Come loaded with your questions as there will be plenty of opportunity for open discussions.
Please share this event with anyone who will benefit.
Tickets $20 and donated to charity Central Lakes Breastfeeding Charitable Trust. NZ charity (Number CC55628), and to the Community Networks Mental Health Support fund. Any donations for these worthy charities are hugely appreciated.
MORE Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy can be found via our website: http://www.pelvicsolutions.co.nz