A once-in-a-lifetime view when the Tuia 250 flotilla sails into Waitohi/Picton harbour.
From 10am be part of Marlborough’s biggest ever welcome, as the flotilla arrives into Picton. Kapa haka and other community groups will join the Mayor in greeting the crews from Tahiti, Aotearoa and Australia.
Bring your welcome banners.
At night, stroll along the foreshore to see a mesmerising 3D animation and light installation, sponsored by Interislander.
The vessels include:
- The Haunui from Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland
- Ngahiraka Mai Tawhiti from Tauranga
- Fa’afaite i te Ao Mā’ohi, a va’a moana from Pape'ete, Tahiti.
- The HMB Endeavour replica from the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney
- The Spirit of New Zealand from Tamaki Makaurau/Auckland.