The Trustpower National Community Awards recognise and celebrate the backbones of our communities – our volunteers. Representatives from 26 wonderful volunteer groups from all around New Zealand who were Regional Supreme Winners, along with their Mayor or Council representative, come together to contest the title of National Supreme Winner.
The host city changes each year, and this time it's Tauranga Moana's chance to shine!
Each group presents their story and the wonderful work they are doing in their respective communities in an 8-minute presentation.
You have the opportunity to come and listen to and be inspired by some pretty extraordinary people.
There are four sessions you can attend, please sign up to one or all of them, the timings and groups are outlined below.
**Important** Please be aware of these timings as the doors will close promptly and will not open again until the session is finished out of respect for the groups.
SESSION 1 — 8:35am-10:10am
- Under the Stars representing Tauranga City
- Lions Club of Hokitika representing Westland District
- Uso Bike Ride representing the Wellington Region
- South Catlins Charitable Trust representing Invercargill City & Southland District
- Beyond the Bridge Riwaka representing Tasman District
- Lake Taupo Hospice Bereavement Support Group representing Taupō District
- Picton Dawn Chorus representing Marlborough District
SESSION 2 — 10:35am-12:15pm
- Matipo Community Development Charitable Trust representing Whanganui District
- The Whalan Lodge Trust representing Waitaki District
- Apumoana Marae Charitable Trust representing Rotorua Lakes
- Whakatipu Wildlife Trust representing Queenstown Lakes District
- Edgecumbe Development & Improvement Team (E.D.I.T.) representing Whakatāne District
- Palmerston North Search and Rescue representing Palmerston North
- The Dunedin Wildlife Hospital Trust representing Dunedin
SESSION 3 — 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Dannevirke Cave Dwellers Incorporated Society representing Tararua District
- Greymouth Community Promotions Group representing Grey District
- Adventure Wairoa Incorporated representing Wairoa District
- Inspiring Youth Theatre Charitable Trust representing Nelson City
- Alzheimers South Canterbury representing Timaru District
- St John Central Otago Health Shuttle representing Central Otago District
SESSION 4 — 2:45pm-4:15pm
- Owaka Goldfields Cavalcade Host Town Committee Inc representing Clutha District
- Maketu Volunteer Coastguard representing Western Bay of Plenty District
- KaiMatariki Trust representing Far North District
- Kainga Aroha Society Incorporated representing Waipā District
- Reefton RSA Inc representing Buller District
- Lauriston School Support representing Ashburton District