This Matariki, we want to celebrate those small children and trees that one day grow to be mighty.
We’re holding a native tree planting event in Auckland at Metro Park, and we’d love your help to get hundreds of native trees into the ground.
Join us and plant a native tree in honour of children everywhere, at this special event with Auckland Council.
There is plenty of parking at Metro Park car park on 228 Millwater Parkway. The planting area is close to the car park and will be sign posted.
What to bring
- Gumboots or similar - closed-toes shoes
- Spade, if you have one. Please remember to label your spade with your name if you are bringing one. We will have some to use.
- Gloves - we will have some spare ones
- Raincoat and warm clothing
- Water bottle - no single ones use please. We will provide “water in boxes” to refill your reusable bottle.
- Snacks - please remember to take your rubbish home with you
We'll provide a barbecue lunch for our hard-working volunteers following the planting.
Children are welcome to attend this free family event, but registrations are essential. Please make sure to include the numbers of all members of your family when you click through to register. Please also ensure that children are supervised by adults at all times.
So, keep your fingers crossed for sun, the planting will go ahead whatever the weather.
We can't wait to see you there!