This course is designed for students who are serious about getting experience in Shakespearean performance. This experience will be unlike any other with incredible opportunity to learn on the Pop-up Globe stage - the world's first temporary replica of Shakespeare's second Globe, and the very stage that has had over 600 shows performed on its boards.
Working closely with our Youth Theatre Leader the classes will:
- Focus on one of William Shakespeare's plays over a period of 9 weeks, exploring the content, context closely
- Choose scenes to rehearse and perform at the end of the term and gain practical on-stage experience rehearsing and performing on the Pop-up Globe stage
- Learn more about the history of Shakespearean theatre and the Elizabethan/Jacobean age
- Explore the relationship between the performer and the audience
- Learn and develop vocal techniques and physical performance skills for the Playhouse stage
- Explore what it's like to work as an ensemble in a large group scene
The theatre programme is a performance-based programme, intended to give students the skills to perform Shakespeare by investigating the texts and learning practical performance skills from industry professionals. Each term will culminate in a performance of a piece of text.
This course will be offered every term with each term focusing on a specific play so students are able to attend multiple courses across the year and explore many different plays. The classes are designed to split into groups but solo performances will be available for students 13 - 18 years.
Classes are open to any ability within the age bracket specified. Pop-up Globe aims to provide a one-of-a-kind learning experience to inspire young students, explore their passion and let the magic of the playhouse inform and shape their understanding of Shakespearean performance.
For any enquiries email email@example.com