Takapuna is your ultimate summer destination with the I Love Takapuna Summer Days Festival on the 19th of January at Takapuna Beach Reserve.
This event is free and open to the whole community, so bring your friends, family, and loved ones along and celebrate summer with us.
Starting at 11am, bring the kids over and enjoy a wide variety of family entertainment including stage shows, circus and theatre workshops, face painting, a giant slide, a beach dig and heaps more.
From 3pm until 7pm, jam with amazing local artists as they perform your favourite hits on stage.
Wear your jandals and bring a picnic or try any of the local restaurants around Taka or food trucks on site and get ready for a brilliant summers day.
The I Love Takapuna Summer Days Festival will feature:
Family Stage Shows and Music, including – Cherry the Clown, Circus performances and Magician shows
Live Music on stage featuring some of Auckland’s top musicians:
- Rodney Fisher (Goodshirt) and Nathan King (Zed) playing their top NZ hits and summer classics
- “Encore” featuring Larry Nimalota & Su'e Masina playing old school favourites from The Eagles to Dr Hook to UB40
- “The MGN” My Greatest Now band featuring Dr Kevin Field, Denis Hepi, Dr Oliver Holland, Kelly Kahukiwa and Raymond Bishop letting loose and performing well-known number one hits from their favourite Jazz, Funk, R&B, & Soul songs
Plus free festival activities including:
- Burger Burger Sandcastle Building competition (details released soon)
- Takapuna Rotary “Big Dig” game (donation)
- Panuku Development Auckland’s Crab Car Racing, Paint a Beach Art Station, Family Photo Booth and BBQ stacking game
- Face painting
- Bouncy Castles
- Balloon Twisting and circus workshops
- Preschool games and toys
Plus more activities to be announced soon…
The festival will also include delicious food trucks, free bean bags to relax in and of course our beautiful beach and reserve.
The I Love Takapuna Beach Summer Days Festival is not to be missed! Thanks to the Devonport-Takapuna Local Board for your support of the event.