Designed for the ladies who are interested in trying out street photography and long exposure techniques. The day is suitable for beginners through to advanced. This day is about the ‘art’ of street photography and being comfortable creating great images with your camera.
As well as learning great new street photography techniques and creative approaches, you will discover how to produce stylish and distinctive images, which reflect your style.
We start the day with coffee before heading out to see what we find; looking for great subject matter in the people, we have behind the scene photographic opportunities, including barber and tattoo shops.
What you will learn:
- Develop a street photographer’s ‘eye’ and learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an everyday street scene
- Appreciate the aesthetics of street photography
- Understand the importance of developing your own style as a street photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’
- Understand the components of a great street image
- Practice different types of street photography and discover your preferred style of shooting
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively
- Understand some of the key legal and ethical aspects of street photography
- Learn how to react positively if people are questioning, challenging or offended.
- We meet at 10.00 am for coffee, introductions, and tuition session before setting off onto the streets
- Our itinerary will take us to some great Auckland central street photography ‘hot spots’, where we will put into practice some of the principles learned in the morning session; expect to walk around 6,000 steps
- Throughout the day you will receive a significant amount of one-to-one tuition and coaching
- Lunch at Hansan Vietnamese restaurant
- We will finish the formal part of the day at around 4.30 pm back where we started with drinks, a thorough debrief and a further Q&A session
- Individual critique for photos taken on the day is available during the week following the course
- After the course, participants will be encouraged to keep in touch through our closed group FaceBook alumni network.
What to bring:
- Camera – battery fully charged
- Spare camera battery (recommended)
- Memory cards
- Lens, ideally which has a focal length of around 28 or 35mm (full-frame) or around 18 or 24mm (crop sensor)
- Filter for long exposure
- Camera backpack or bag
- Dress for the day; comfortable warm clothes and shoes
- Towel or small tarpaulin to lay/kneel on
- Tripod/monopod; optional but not necessary.
Where do we meet & finish?
- Coffee Club, Aotea Square
What is included?
- Glass of wine
- Great company
Rain check day - 2nd November. When booking please register with your email address so I can contact you.