Join me for an info-packed cooking workshop combining the ‘best of’ my popular workshops around New Zealand.
Sourdough bread and everyday ferments, such as sauerkraut and homemade yoghurt, are something I prepare regularly for my family. Mastering making these foods at home not only saves money, it creates a gentle rhythm of food preparation that in turn nourishes our bodies.
This workshop is much more than just a cooking class, it is a culmination of 18 years studying, writing and teaching others about cooking and eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition (dip. natural nutrition) and share cooking tips from my experience as a chef.
This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and prepared food, and time for questions during the evening.
The workshop includes:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter from a variety of flours – this is key to baking great bread
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread
- Where to source quality flour and NZ grown grains for bread making
- How to safely ferment vegetables and a seasonal sauerkraut that can be made all year round
- Homemade Yoghurt + how to use to prepare delicious labneh dips
+ Delicious food samples on the evening & recipe folder to take home
Bring: A pen for taking notes, plus a small jar to take home some sourdough starter.