I will be teaching two separate cooking workshops in Blenheim over the weekend of 2 & 3 November 2019. Each workshop is 2.5 hours ($80 each, booked separately) bookings available end of September - follow the link below to register interest.
The workshops include:
Saturday 2nd November - Sourdough & Ferments
Sunday 3rd November - The Art of Sourdough
Join me for an info-packed cooking workshop combining the ‘best of’ my popular workshops around New Zealand. Sourdough bread and everyday ferments, such as sauerkraut and homemade yoghurt, are something I prepare regularly for my family. Mastering making these foods at home not only saves money, but it also creates a gentle rhythm of food preparation to nourish our bodies. This workshop is much more than just a cooking class, it is a culmination of 18 years studying, writing and teaching others about cooking and eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition (dip. natural nutrition) and share cooking tips from my experience as a chef.
This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and prepared food and time for questions during the afternoon. The workshop includes:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread - (Please note - I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- No-Knead Wholemeal Sandwich Loaf – plus variations and additions such as sprouted grains and seeds
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making
- How to safely ferment vegetables including seasonal sauerkraut that can be made all year round
- Homemade Yoghurt + discussion on how to use to prepare labneh, cultured cream & butter
+ Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home