Join me for a 3-hour info-packed cooking workshop combining the ‘best of’ my popular workshops around New Zealand. Sourdough bread and everyday ferments, such as sauerkraut and homemade yoghurt, are something I prepare regularly for my family. Mastering making these foods at home not only saves money, but it also creates a gentle rhythm of food preparation to nourish our bodies.
This workshop is much more than just a cooking class, it is a culmination of 18 years studying, writing and teaching others about cooking and eating well. I interweave my knowledge of nutrition (dip. natural nutrition) and share cooking tips from my experience as a chef.
This is a demonstration-style workshop with plenty of interaction with the ingredients and prepared food and time for questions during the afternoon.
The workshop includes:
- How to prepare and maintain a healthy sourdough starter – this is key to baking great bread - (Please note - I won’t be demonstrating gluten-free bread at this workshop.)
- No-Knead Wholemeal Sandwich Loaf – plus variations and additions such as sprouted grains and seeds
- Overnight Rustic Sourdough Bread – this is a free-form boule that is shaped by hand. I will demonstrate the preparation + shaping of the dough
- Where to source quality flour and NZ-grown grains for bread making
- How to safely ferment vegetables including seasonal sauerkraut that can be made all year round
- Homemade Yoghurt + discussion on how to use to prepare labneh, cultured cream & butter
Delicious food samples on the day & recipe folder to take home.