This full day workshop is an introduction into the ancient Japanese art of shibori (resist dye) and natural dye processes. Together we will explore a range of basic shibori techniques such as binding, stitching and clamping on silk fabrics.
We are going to prepare a simple natural dye bath with barks and leaves, you can easily repeat at home.
After our lunch break you will design and make your own patterned silk scarf, naturally dyed, to take home!
This workshop includes:
- sample silk fabrics to experiment with
- all dyestuff and tools/materials provided
- silk scarf (medium size)
- instructions for a variety of patterns
- snacks and drinks provided
- lots of fun and inspiration