The Risingholme Orchestra proudly celebrates Festa della Repubblica with an afternoon of music and song from Italy. Conducted by Philip Norman and featuring soloists.
Tomas Hurnik – cello, Samantha Warhurst – soprano, Daniel Cooper – harpsichord and members of the Christchurch Harp Orchestra.
The programme includes:
- Verdi’s powerful La Forza del Destino Sinfonia and ‘Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves’
- Puccini’s soaring Preludio Sinfonico and ‘Musetta’s Waltz’ from La Boheme
- Vivaldi’s spirited Concerto for cello and orchestra Respighi’s explosive ‘The Appian Way’ from
- The Pines of Rome
- Rossini’s spectacular ‘Una voce poco fa’ from The Barber of Seville
- Cottrau’s evergreen Santa Lucia and... opportunities to sing along