We know that those that have built resilience will recover and bounce back quickly from adversity but a person without resilience is likely to avoid problems or act defensively and aggressively to protect their position.
Resilience is the fastest growing area of training in the business world today and many of the world’s top organisations are investing heavily in this type of professional development. This is because people who develop resilience through Mindfulness training:
- Have confidence and a strong sense of purpose because they are self-driven.
- Focus on what they can control so they solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Become skilled at staying calm
- Their communication skills (particularly listening and empathy) improve.
- They stay focused longer on their targets and goals.
- They become more open, more optimistic and more creative.
- Have a high sense of self-worth and autonomy.
By developing resilience your people will achieve more and will also show greater loyalty to your organisation which will be seen in increased staff retention levels. This is because you will be helping them to cope with their stress levels, improve their mental wellbeing and helping them to find more purpose and happiness in their everyday lives.
Using Mindfulness techniques have been proven to help people overcome anxiety and depression, cope with stress levels, ignore the little voice in their head and get in touch with their more powerful ‘inner-self’. These are the foundations of resilience and can drive results for businesses.
It’s no wonder Resilience and Mindfulness training has become so popular in today’s business world and it is now regarded as the ’go to’ topic for improving staff wellbeing.