Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
This workshop will run on Sunday 10 November 2019 10 AM - 2 PM.
Tutor: Paul Crowhurst
Come and learn how to get the best out of your small garden to enjoy a full year of produce.
Imagine having goodies from the garden year-round. Choose the best fruit for your small space and look at new and interesting edible plants. Paul has many years experience in organic gardening and fruit tree production, and will teach you how to set an edible garden that suits your particular small space.
What you will learn:
- Which fruit trees are suitable for small spaces
- Ideas for utilising parts of your outdoor space you may not have considered suitable for growing
- Interesting edible plants to incorporate in your garden
- How to care for your edible plants and fruit trees
- Use of containers for food production
At this course runs over the lunch hour, please bring a sandwich. We encourage students to stay onsite during breaks to meet other course-goers. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.