Join us for a one day printing workshop and learn how set up print files using a colour managed workflow - take your edited images and refine them before turning them into professional grade prints. You will come away with the knowledge to print your own prints at home or setup files ready to be sent to a lab.
The workshop shall be run by Richard Young, a professional and award winning landscape photographer. Richard has many years of making prints in large formats. Working within Lightroom and printing for most of his career.
Using Lightroom (and Photoshop), you will learn a process for editing your own images and, using a refined workflow, sharpening to print them at a professional standard.
You will then learn how to print using a large format printer, the Epson Surecolour P800, onto different styles of the Epson Signature range fine art papers. Each paper we will use provides you with entirely different impact - giving you the choice of a perfect souvenir to take home with you.
One of the essential components to making prints is understanding how we make a print ready RAW file. This can be a frustrating and self deprecating task for photographers, however, it needn’t be using Lightroom.
We shall cover all the essential tools you need to know to take your RAW files to the next level before printing, including:
- Advanced techniques for developing your workflow
- Addressing issues in your files
- Controlling shadows and highlights
- The advice of professional a photographer on making stylistic choices
Once we have created our gorgeous images, we shall then prepare ourselves for the printing process. The course will cover in depth areas that are essential to understanding how you are able to achieve consistent, beautiful prints.
This will include:
- Screen and printer calibration
- Installing Epson printer drivers
- Sharpening for printing
- Soft proofing (Making your image will look the same as it does on your screen)
- Post processing a RAW file
- Getting an image ready to print
- Understanding your printing equipment
- Colour management
- Paper and style choices
- Essential controls for making prints
- Printing Notes
- Tuition from Richard Young
- Morning Tea/Coffee and a muffin
- Chance to print of different paper styles
- 17"x22" fine art print to take home