Ever thought about creating your own podcast? You’ll gain experience in all the practical skills required to produce your own podcast, such as recording and editing audio, producing episodes and publishing to iTunes.
This eight week course takes you through all of the essential steps to create, produce and publish your own podcast. You’ll explore the different types of podcast content production such as panel discussions, narration and interviews in order to decide on your own podcast format.
You’ll generate imaginative ideas for podcast scripts, interviews, promotions and features and explore your own personal podcasting style and intent though exercises that help you to define your podcasting goals, aspirations. You'll learn the software and audio production techniques required for podcasting and in the second half of the course you will have the opportunity script, plan, develop and produce your pilot podcast episode!
Great for anyone interested in learning more about podcasting, getting experience in producing and recording audio content with confidence, as well as those who want to take the first step in launching their own podcast. Intermediate level computer skills required - not for beginners to computers.
By the end of the course, you will have:
- Defined your podcasting purpose, your target audience and chosen your podcast niche, as well as researched your competition and found a point of differentiation for your podcast
- Practised using a range of different tools, software and equipment used for producing a podcast
- Evaluated how a range of podcast formats are constructed and produced, and chosen the best format for your own podcast
- Gained experience in creating and recording your own audio content, and in creating and recording intro, outros, ads and promos
- Practised conducting podcasting interviews in person and over Skype, and developed basic skills in Adobe Audition editing software
- Developed an understanding of the different hosting alternatives and requirements for your podcast
- Create a branded tile and description for your podcast to help you market it and have at the ready for when you go to publish, as well as formulated your plan to publish your podcast to iTunes and share with clients, customers, friends and followers
- Bring any ideas you have for creating your podcast as well as a pair of USB headphones.
Presenter: Jordan Harcourt-Hughes