Plate of Origin 2019 - A uniqueness you can taste, an experience you can savour.
Book in for a Plate of Origin dish at Little Savanna, who are representing Canterbury & West Coast with their dish - co-created with Christchurch restaurant Chillingworth Road.
Plate of Origin, held in Manawatu, showcases some of New Zealand’s greatest restaurants, chefs and products so that you can experience and savour the best of New Zealand on a plate. The dishes are available on the Manawatu restaurants menus for two weeks from 2 – 16 March for diners to experience, as part of the New Zealand AgriFood Week 2019.
Eight Manawatu restaurants and chefs have each partnered with eight restaurants from across the country, with each partnership representing a region. Together, each partnership's chefs will design and create a master dish showcasing both regions’ finest products, with a requirement that two key ingredients, specific to each region, are included in the dish.
There are eight competing restaurants - Try them all!
- Aberdeen on Broadway showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Bay of Plenty
- Amayjen the Restaurant showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Hawkes Bay-Gisborne
- Brew Union showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Wellington-Wairarapa
- La Patio Cafe showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Otago-Southland
- Little Savanna showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Canterbury-West Coast
- Nero Restaurant showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Marlborough-Nelson-Tasman
- Nosh Restaurant showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Waikato
- The Fat Farmer showcasing Manawatu-Whanganui and Auckland-Northland
Please note images are not representative of 2019 Plate of Origin dishes.