Nelson College for Girls and Nelson College Combined Chamber Orchestra.
The Nelson College for Girls string orchestra was formed in 2012 by Christine Foote. The clarinet is included in the orchestra because it fits so well into the viola range. The players range from Grade 4 to diploma level.
In 2019 senior string players from Nelson College have joined the orchestra. Several members of the orchestra also play in chamber music groups, which also feature in the programme.
- 2 Gavottes and Air from Suite no 3 in D BWV 1068 - Bach - Orchestra
- Cantabile and Vivace from Sonata in G - Telemann - Piano quartet, Nelson College
- "Marche Militaire Francaise" from Suite Algerienne - St-Saens - Clarinet quartet, Nelson College for Girls
- "Oblivion" and "Libertango" - Piazzolla - Orchestra
- Anime and Modern from Sonata Opus 15 - Milhaud - Piano trio, Nelson College for Girls "I Runga O Nga Puke" and "Haere Ra" from "A Maori Suite" - Ashley Heenan - Orchestra and 2 solo sopranos
Proudly supported by: Nelson Pine Industries