Postponement date if there's bad weather: Saturday 16 February 2019
Discover the mysteries of Wairarapa Moana Wetlands by following a trail of clues on the shore of Lake Wairarapa. Along the way you’ll meet experts on the fish, birds, plants and history that make the area so special, and see some live demonstrations.
Joining us on the day will be:
- Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa
- The Department of Conservation (DOC)
- Sustainable Coastlines
- Mountains to Sea Wellington
- Sustainable Wairarapa
- Wairarapa Pukaka to Palliser Alliance
- South Wairarapa Biodiversity Group
- South Wairarapa District Council
- Featherston Rugby Club - running a sausage sizzle!
All ages welcome, young and old.
We'll also have citizen scientists in the lake measuring kākahi (freshwater mussels) supervised by Riverscpaes.
To find out more about the kākahi monitoring, or to get involved, contact email@example.com.
Getting there: https://goo.gl/maps/MspupJyuC7t