A fabulously fun evening of spice, curry, catching up with old friends, making new friends, having a drink (or two!) - all while supporting the awesome work being done by the Breast Cancer Research Foundation! Wear something pink to show your support!
$20 from each ticket sale will go towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Start the evening with a complimentary Pete's Naturals Lemonade & Indian themed nibbles to get your taste buds fizzing.
Proceed to the commercial kitchen, don your aprons & settle into a workstation before watching a demonstration and then get your own hands dirty to cook your meal for the evening! You will be cooking in pairs, with up to four people per station. All ingredients provided.
After a quick tidy up of your workstations, we will proceed to the restaurant to sit down to eat a family styled kai - get ready to channel your inner truck driver as you eat the meal of thousands of truck drivers in India! As you will be cooking enough for two, bring takeaway containers to take back left overs to share with the whanau at home.
*Fluffy basmati rice & poppadom as well fresh fruit spritzers will be served on the table.
*There is a cash bar at the venue.
*Take home beautifully designed recipe booklets.
* You will cooking enough for 2
Our menu* for the evening will be:
Dhhaba Murgh, Aaloo Gobhi, Ajwain Paranthas, Nimbu Pyaaz
(A classic chicken curry as eaten on the roadside stalls on the highways in North India. A fragrant & mildly spiced cauliflower & potato dry dish served along with a wholemeal Indian bread with carom seeds along with pickled red onions.)
(Vegetarian Option - paneer, a firm Indian styled cottage cheese / Vegan Option - Tempeh
Please select as appropriate in your ticket selection as we only order these as per requirement.)
*Except for the bread, this is a gluten free menu and can also be made dairy free (pls specify when you book).
If you are gluten free, you will have to forego the bread (or just make some and take home to share.) Our apologies.
Some things to keep in mind:
*Please allow 3 hours for the demonstration and cooking. You are welcome to either head out soon after, or stay on till 09:30 pm to eat together in a family styled kai at the laid out tables in the restaurant.
* Please wear closed, comfortable footwear. Long hair is to be kept tied back.
* There will a cash bar at The Rata Room that serves a selection of local & international wines, beers and non-alcoholic drinks.
* Last drink orders for the bar will be taken at 09:00 pm.
* The Rata Room is NOT a BYO venue - only alcohol purchased at the venue can be consumed at the event.
* If our Duty Manager thinks you look under 25 years, please take it as a compliment and show your ID - No ID, No Service!
* Eco friendly, compostable containers for cash sale at the venue if you forget yours.
* There may be door sales in cash only at the venue if we have any spaces available (not guaranteed).
* Please arrive 15 minutes earlier if you can as we will start on time.
PLS NOTE THAT WE NEED A MINIMUM NO OF PEOPLE ATTENDING THIS EVENT FOR IT TO GO AHEAD.