We’re Anna & Bre, and we're super excited to be hosting our first ever mindfulness & weaving workshop. Join us for 2 and a half hours of weaving and mindfulness for a perfect afternoon of self-care.
Research has shown that mindfulness can enhance our emotional wellbeing. It boosts happiness, reduces anxiety and depression and can even benefit our physical health. And by learning and immersing ourselves in weaving, we're accessing the same part of the brain that helps us to live in the moment and be mindful. Meaning that the more you practice creativity the more you are living mindfully.
Attend our workshop and be inspired learn a new method of self-care:
- Understand what mindfulness and self-compassion is and how you can benefit from it
- Learn practical ways and techniques to help you live more mindfully
- Learn the basics of weaving to enable you to create your own beautiful wall hangings
We will teach you how to weave on a wooden framed loom that you get to take home and re-use.
All supplies are included:
- A DIY weaving kit (wooden loom, comb, shuttles & heddle)
- Yarn (but feel free to bring some from your own stash if you’d like)
- Handout booklet covering mindfulness and weaving techniques taught in the class
- Snacks and drinks provided
Anna is a trained mindful self-compassion teacher who helps people to live more mindfully and learn how to quiet their inner critic. She is also currently doing her PhD in mindful self-compassion in teenagers with type 1 diabetes - hoping that by teaching them ways to manage their self-criticism their mental and physical health will improve. @annaboggiss
Bre is a self-confessed DIY-enthusiast and workshop junkie. Working in a high-paced corporate career, she picked up weaving as a creative outlet and quickly released it was an effective mindful activity to manage her stressors. @breahnarobinson
Together, Bre and Anna have 16-years of DIY dates under their belts and are looking forward to sharing their passions with you.
Come and join us for a slow creative afternoon, A & B.
Any more questions? Email us at email@example.com or message us on Instagram @wonderandweave