Meditation on the Maunga to mark the spring equinox @ Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari
with Elizabeth Day and Willa Thaniya Reid Saturday, 21st September from 10am to 4pm 2019
Take time to bathe in the mauri of the floating island (Maungatautari).
Breathe in as the forest all around you breathes out; breathe out as the forest breathes in.
We support you to settle into your body and feel comfortable resting into the flow of breath.
Come into your senses more fully:
as still as the trees, you can let your mind quieten and hear the birds calling through the silence.
Inhale the fragrance of the bush.
Rest into presence and feel your connection to the spirit of the Maunga.
Over this day on the mountain, we will encourage you to develop an attuned approach to your meditation and to your on-going experience – just as it is.
The loveliness of the Maunga will offer heart medicine and support this practice.
Structure of the day:
- Guidance will be offered through sessions of walking and sitting meditation.
- You will be encouraged to practice in silence.
- This allows a deepening of your ability to notice and reflect on ‘inner’ experiences, and to attune to all the Maunga offers.
- A Q&A session will be included.
- A simple vegetarian lunch will be provided. Please bring something comfortable to sit on. You will be required to carry this up to the Event Centre (approx. 1km)
All are welcome – whether you are new or experienced.
For additional information please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note there are limited places for this event, so please register by booking online or by contacting one of the visitor services team by Tuesday, 17 September 2019.
All proceeds of this event go towards conserving Maungatautari's flora and fauna.
Phone: +64 7 870 5180 Ext-1