The 2019 Manawatu Walking Festival will take you throughout the city, along our coastlines, across mountain ranges, through our urban arts scene and through Te Apiti – Manawatu Gorge.
Pick and choose from the selection of guided walks that are hosted throughout the three-day festival from 1st - 3rd March 2019.
Hosting this year’s festival is a range of experts from experienced tramping guides, historians, conservationists, story-tellers and photographers. There are walks for all ages and fitness levels, with plenty of options to choose from including some popular favorites from previous years, as well as some new exciting walks and activities added for 2019.
Bookings are essential as limited spaces available.
For tickets and information on walk durations, start times, transport and space available, please visit each walk's listing on Eventfinda or the website for more information.
- Twilight Beach Walk - Himatangi Beach to Foxton Beach
- Manawatu River Pathway
- Tara-Mana Tararua Crossing
- Totara Reserve Fern Walk
- The Pohangina Experience Walks
- Sculpture Walk with Te Manawa
- River, Native Bush and Views with Manawatu Striders
- The Tawa Loop Walk – Te Apiti – Manawatu Gorge
- Ridge Top Farm Walk
- Mana-Tara Tararua Crossing
- Oroua – Tunipo Tramp
- Te Apiti – Manawatu Gorge Walk
The weather: This festival is centered around the outdoors, but unfortunately, the weather isn’t always on our side. If any event is cancelled due to weather, the information will appear on our website.