Based at Hahei, on the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula, this location offers the perfect place for long exposure photography, wild coastlines, waterfalls and classic jetties.
Join Richard Young and Ken Wright on a four-day long exposure photography workshop showcasing the best of the Coromandels coastal scenery. Long exposure photography requires the use of Neutral Density (ND) filters to enable longer shutter speeds, which can capture the beautiful and often surprising effects of movement in the water and clouds.
Capturing images like this requires good technique. By joining this workshop, you’ll be guided advance use of in ND filters along with HDR techniques, and in the process learn how to take compelling coastal photographs.
Capture to Print Masterclass Workshop: Our long exposure masterclass is designed to perfect the techniques of long exposure, high dynamic range (HDR) and fine art black and white photography; with dedicated tuition sessions and notes on these subjects.
The workshop concludes with a processing session and printing a 17x22" fine art print of one of your images using the latest Epson SC-P800 printer. We will also have a number of Benro Long Exposure filters kits along with Nikon cameras & lenses available for shared use during the workshop to help you capture some stunning coastal photographs.
- Long exposure photography
- Black & white fine art photography
- HDR photography
- Tuition, Ken Wright & Richard Young
- Boat charter in the Coromandel
- 3 nights twin hotel accommodation at the Duke of Marlborough Hotel (single upgrade available)
- 3 cooked breakfasts at the Duke of Marlborough Hotel
- Copy of Pocket Guide to Landscape Photography
- Notecards on workshop topics
- 17 x 22" inch Fine Art Print from the Epson SC-P800
- Use of Benro Long Exposure filters kits
- Trial of Nikon bodys & lenses
- Transport during the tour
- Auckland pickup/dropoff
- DOC concession fees