The Kids Summer Surf Program operates from 9.30am to 11am every week right through the summer school holidays at Te Arai beach. The #1 local beach, pristine white sand, untouched, with consistent ocean conditions. Changing rooms and toilets available.
Program 1: 26 – 29 Dec 2019
Program 2: 30 Dec 2019 – 2 Jan 2020
Program 3: 3 – 6 Jan 2020
Program 4: 7 – 10 Jan 2020
Program 5: 11 – 14 Jan 2020
Program 6: 15 – 18 Jan 2020
We teach every participant to get them surfing as best they can over 4 lessons. This is a fun, holistic and challenging program! All surfboards and wetsuits provided. The best kids program this summer! Each lesson is tailored for individual surfers depending on their surfing ability.
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, staying safe at the beach.
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with correct body and hand positioning and how to stop your surfboard.
- Catching waves with paddling and learning the pop up to stand technique.
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
- Speed, acceleration and breaking
- Front side and back side turns
$149 for full 4 day program
$60 / individual days (limited spaces when available)