“Come and help me and my chicks in Central Park! Kraaark!”
Kaia the Kākā is trying to make Central Park her home! But she is in trouble. Swift predators are advancing. Can you help make it safe for her chicks?
Head to the park for a free, wild adventure, using your smartphone & Facebook Messenger. Search for clues, discover hidden artworks, send kaia photos & answer her questions to save the day!
Start at the map sign at the main gates – then you’re off on a race against time to help Kaia and her chicks at various points around Central Park.
- Mobile phone, tablet, or device that has mobile data and can take photos
- Facebook Messenger installed on that device
- An adult to accompany children, and manage them in Facebook Messenger
- A snack & water is also handy to keep you going.
How to start the free adventure at Central Park:
- Turn smartphone mobile data ‘on‘
- Open Facebook Messenger
- Search for “Kaia the Kākā“
- Type ‘hello‘ to get started!
Parents and teachers: Kaia the Kākā runs on Facebook messenger as a chatbot. The chatbot Kaia responds to you as you send photos of artworks, signs and clues and answer challenges around the park. All chats with the messenger are private, and are not shared with any other people. Ideally no more than two users to a device (to avoid squabbles!).