The Jock Hobbs Memorial National Under 19 Tournament is back for a sixth year in 2019, with the support of Mitre 10.
Taupo’s Owen Delany Park will host the 2019 Tournament on Sunday 8th, Wednesday 11th and Saturday 14th September. 400 players from 16 teams will compete across two divisions (premiership and championship) for the Graham Mourie Cup and Sir Michael Jones Trophy respectively.
Previous winners of the Graham Mourie Cup were Bay of Plenty (2018), Auckland (2017), Waikato (2016), Canterbury (2015) and Wellington (2014), while Waikato (2018), Counties-Manukau (2015-2017) and Southland (2014) have taken out the Sir Michael Jones Trophy.
Jock Hobbs Memorial National Under 19 Tournament fact file:
- 400 players from 16 teams
- 14 Provincial Union teams (one from each Mitre 10 Cup Provincial Union)
- 1 Auckland Development team
- 3 match days - 8th, 11th and 15th Sep
- 24 matches (8 per match day)