Join the latest craze and make and take home a beautiful 3D Jelly Cake in a completely hands-on session. All ingredients provided.
A one-session course which will instruct you how to make a 3D Jelly Art Cake with jelly flower decorations. You’ll learn more about Vietnamese jelly art made from jelly powder and agar seaweed powder, which are organic and vegetarian-friendly.
As well as being beautiful little works of art, 3D jelly art cakes can be an interesting dessert for family and friends and can add to your store of cake-decorating skills.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Clarify the differences between the jelly powder, agar powder used in making Vietnamese Jelly Art in contrast to the gelatine powder used popularly for making jelly
- Apply the techniques to make the crunchy base, the flexible clear jelly layer for 3D art cake creation and milk/jelly syrup
- Follow tips to colour the jelly, flowers and create your own 3D jelly shapes
- Feel confident to use the provided tool set and recipes to make your own beautiful 3D Jelly cakes
- All ingredients provided but bring a dinner plate or cake box to take your cake home.
Presenter: Ha Nguyen