This year, the ever-popular Japan Film Festival returns to serve up premiere screenings of a wide range of films!
Breathe in, observe, delight, experience and enjoy the rich yet subtle tapestry of Japanese life and culture. All films are free admission and in Japanese with English Subtitles, so bring along your friends and family!
This festival will be held in Auckland (11-13 October), New Plymouth (2-3 November), Wellington (8-10 November) and Christchurch (19-22 November). Please visit the website of Consulate-General of Japan, for more details.
Academy Cinemas (Booking required at academycinemas.co.nz / Booking open from Thu 12 September).
- 11 October 6:30pm: The Crimes That Bind (2018, Mystery, drama, 119min)
- 12 October 1:00pm: Lu over the wall (2017, Animation, Children / Family, 112min)
- 12 October 3:30pm: The 8-Year Engagement (2017, Drama, Romance, 119min)
- 12 October 6:00pm: Born Bone Born (2019, Drama, 111min)
- 13 October 1:00pm: Room Laundering (2018, Comedy, Drama, 109min)
- 13 October 3:30pm: Recall (2018, Drama, 120min)
Auckland screenings are presented by the Consulate-General of Japan, the Japan Foundation.
The Crimes That Bind
(c) 2018 The Crimes That Bind Film Production Committee
(c) Keigo Higashino/KODANSHA All Rights Reserved.
Based on the novel“INORINO MAKU GA ORIRUTOKI" by KEIGO HIGASHINO originally published by Kodansha Ltd.
Lu over the Wall
(c) 2017 Lu Film partners
The 8 year-Engagement
(c) 2017 “The 8-Year Engagement” Film Partners
Born Bone Born
(c) 2018 "Senkotsu" Production Committee
(c) 2018 ”Room Laundering” Film Partners
(c) 2018 “Recall“ Film Partners