Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
This course runs over seven Mondays 6:30 - 8:30 PM starting 6 May 2019.
Anime drawing is a fascinating subject that many professional animators have captured online, on TV and in video games. Anime, a word for Japanese animation, includes comics called manga with fictional characters that exaggerate the human form. The characters are expressive and therefore have large wide eyes, hair that stands out and either tiny mouths or mouths that are wide open to express feelings.
Expected learning outcomes - during the course you will:
- Learn some anime drawing techniques
- Learn techniques for anime faces and hairstyles
- Draw different styles of facial parts
- Create a range of expressions using anime eyes
- Learn to draw correct body proportions for anime charactes
- Develop and design your own character
- At the end of the course you will be able to create your own expressive anime characters.
What to bring? Just yourself - materials are included in this course fee.
Who should attend? Young folk 14 years upward and adults interested in this popular art form.
About the tutor Weilun Ha.
I have many years of drawing experience with anime, and I'm a huge fan of Ghilbi company and art. I have previously worked with animation companies and have experience in character creation and development.
Our mission is to provide quality affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities for our community.