There are significant differences between the governance role in a private company and a state sector organisation. This can be challenging and requires a good understanding of the processes and drivers inside the government.
This interactive course will provide directors with a better understanding of these differences, why they exist, and practical guidance as to how to navigate through them.
- What is the state sector?
- How does the state sector work?
- Similarities and differences between private and state sector governance
- How to operate effectively as a state sector board
- In the afternoon there is a panel discussion with Belinda Vernon CMInstD, an experienced director with Maritime New Zealand, the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited and a trustee of the Auckland Philharmonia Foundation. She will discuss some real-life challenges and share war stories of her own experiences.