The Introduction to Predator Trapping Methods short course (2-day) will provide participants a wealth of knowledge of predator trapping including, but not restricted to:
- Designing and producing a Predator Control Plan (PCP)
- Ecology and behaviour of target predators
- Predator traps – their use, pros and cons, and where to purchase them
- Humane trapping and current best practice
- Health and safety culture
- Support for funding or recruiting volunteers
- Assess and apply ecological principles to activities undertaken in wider conservation settings.
- Use a range of technological systems and techniques to support conservation purposes.
- Assess and maintain conservation infrastructure to contribute to the sustainable stewardship of the environment.
Note this course is an equivalent NCEA level 3 course and have 5 credits towards the Conservation Skills certificate via NMIT. For More information contact the Greymouth Department of Conservation office on 03 768 0427 or email@example.com
The event will be at Greymouth Rodders Club Rooms.
This event is part of Conservation Week 2019.