Let’s learn what lives around us so we can look after it better. Join the Neighbourhood Nature Nosey and discover what’s in your neighbourhood by posting photos of plants, animals, and fungi to get them identified by experts.
This competition is part of a week-long event to observe as many species as possible. Anyone can join, but those aged 15 and under will be in to win some cool prizes!
Top observers aged 15 or under in the Canterbury region can win one of the following:
- A family pass (2 adults and 2 kids) from Black Cat Cruises to travel by ferry to Ōtamahua/Quail Island for a free night stay at DOC's Ōtamahua hut.
- A backcountry hut pass, so you can stay in as many huts as you want for a year.
Winners will be determined by the number of quality observations as determined by the iNaturalist NZ - Mātaki Taiao team. All decisions are final. Winners will be notified via iNaturalist.
- Download the free iNaturalist NZ app
- Join the project page: https://inaturalist.nz/projects/neighbourhood-nature-nosey-2019-canterbury
- Head outdoors and start snapping!
- To enter for a prize (if you are aged 15 or under) write 'Big Nosey' in the observation notes for each of your entries.
This event is run with the support of iNaturalist NZ – Mātaki Taiao.
Part of Conservation Week 2019 - conservationweek.org.nz.