The Hutt Valley Herb Society is hosting the Herb Federation of NZ national conference at the Silverstream Retreat over the weekend of 15-17 November.
Theme: Herbs Today - Bringing well-being to our modern day lifestyle.
- Sandra Clair – artemis, NZ’s own quality herbal supplement supplier
- Donna Lee - Cottage Hill Herbs, resource center for herbal education
- Jane Wrigglesworth - Feature Writer, NZ Gardener Magazine
- Julie Milne - Development Director, Common Unity Project, Aotearoa
- Herbs for managing aging conditions; Presented by Maree Murphy, a qualified Medical Herbalist, Heavenly Herbs (www.heavenlyherbs.co.nz)
- Cooking with Native Herbs; using our native plants in yummy hummus, pesto and smoothies. Presented by Jan Smith, a member of the Stratford Herb Society.
- Understanding Native Remedies; the principles and practices of the approach of Maori Rongoa (medicine). Presented by Justine Rangihaeata, Nga Rauru no Ngati Ruanui, a Rongoa Maori Consultant, Mirimiri and Reiki Practitioner from Kawakawa Spa, (www.kawakawaspa.com).
- The usage of Essential Oils; the principles and practices of essential oils, with a demonstration on how to make them. Presented by Steve from Hebe Botancials, (hebebotancials.co.nz)
It is open to both members and non-members so all herb enthusiasts are welcome.
Full details are available on the website www.herbs.org.nz.